Day 01: ARRIVAL KATHMANDU
Arrive Kathmandu. We meet you at the airport & transfer to hotel. Evening at leisure or activity on your own. - Overnight Hotel
Day 02: SIGHTSEEING TOUR
A full day sightseeing tour within Kathmandu. You will visit Pashupatinath temple, Guheswori maataa temple, Budhanilkantha temple (sleeping Bishnu or sesh shaya Vishnu) and Shwoyambhunath temple (monkey temple). Evening, we will organize a tour briefing program in hotel. - Overnight Hotel - Evening tour briefing and distributing down jacket.
Day 03: KATHMANDU- SHYABRUBESHI
Morning, you should be ready to leave at 5.30 a. m. from Kathmandu. Today, we have to cross an extensive distance with immigration formalities both in Nepal and China. We provide packed-breakfast in hotel. The journey from Kathmandu to Shyabribeshi takes about 6 hours. The distance to cross is only 170 km, but it is a mountain highway so it takes long time. Today, we make halt in Shyabrubeshi then cross the border the following day. - Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common toilet) - Kathmandu to Shyabrubeshi: 170 km | 6 hours drive.
Day 04: CROSS THE BORDER THEN DRIVE TO KYIRONG
Morning after breakfast, you will set off from Hotel for traveling to Kyirong. Kyirong is situated in Tibet is the most beautiful green city. The elevation of Kyirong is ideal for acclimatization. Here, we stop for two nights before heading out to Dzonbma, - Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet) - Shyabrubeshi to Border: 5 km | 15 minutes. - China/ Tibet border to Kyirong town: 22 km | 45 minutes - Elevation of altitude: 2600 m. | 8528 fts.
DAY 05: REST IN KYIRONG FOR ACCLIMATIZE
Today, you will stay in Kyirong for acclimatization purpose. - Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet)
DAY 06: DRIVE, KYIRONG TO OLD DONGBA
Morning after breakfast, you will set off from Kyirong at around 8.00 am. This scenic drive takes about 5 hours to reach old Dongba via Saga. - Overnight Sishapangma Guesthouse or similar (dormitory bedroom) - Kyirong to old Dongba: 280 km | 6 hrs drive - Elevation of old Dongba: 4500 m. | 14760 fts.
DAY 07: DRIVE FROM OLD DONGBA TO MANSASAROVAR (CHIU GOMBA SITE)
Early morning, we will depart from Dongba for our further destination, the lake Manasarovar. Today, we will take holy dip & perform pooja in Lake Manasarovar on the way, so we have to pack your clothes and other stuff accordingly. The River Bramhaputra (also known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibetan) will appear again on the way, we will drive along its bank for a while then she will vanish behind mountains. Before reaching Paryang, we will traverse through a couple of high passes, wide pastures both sides and some sand dunes. Paryang is a small county where the Chinese military force has its regional base. There are a couple of hotels and guesthouses to stay for Indian pilgrims/tourists. From Paryang, we keep on driving for another 2 hours then we reach to a military barricade where they will inspect our vehicles and check travel documents. We will stop for lunch break after crossing this check post and driving for another 15 minutes. Picnic lunch will be served. After lunch, you will drive over Mayum La pass that is 5200 m. high from the sea level. This is the highest pass that you will be crossing on vehicle. From Mayum La, you will drive another 2 hours to reach lake Manasarovar. On the way, you will be passing through pastures, small lakes and Tibetan villages. We have to swap our vehicles in Lake Mansarovar. Pollution free vehicles have been operating by the Chinese government since 2013. The main motive of this project is to keep the area neat & clean. It will take half an hour or so, to swap vehicles and purchase entry tickets for driving around Lake Mansarovar. The duration of this drive is an approx. 1 hour. En route, if time permits, we will take holy dip and perform pooja. In fact, it also depends on weather condition. - Overnight Guest House on the western shore of Lake Manasarovar (dormitory bed rooms) - New/Old Drongba to Lake Manasarovar: 325 km | 5 hrs drive. - Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14924 fts.
Day 08: DRIVE, TO YAMA DWAR THEN START TREKKING TO DHIRAPUK VIA DARCHEN
Darchen is the gateway of trekking around mount Kailash. It is situated on the foothill of mount Kailash, below the south face. Asthapad is situated 4 km up in the mountain and Tarboche (Yama Dwar) is 7 km west from Darchen. A complete circumambulation of mount Kailash commences from this point and ends here. The total circumference of mount Kailash from Darchen to Darchen is 52 km. Darchen offers an array of accommodation-quality than any other places en route to Kailash. As usual, we will be ready to move on from Manasarovar to Tarboche (Yam Dwar) after breakfast. The drive takes about an hour as we have to make a brief halt in Darchen to process for local permit. Yam Dwar is the best vantage point that provides splendid views of south and west faces of mount Kailash. This is probably the best place to have a closed view. Those; who are not undertaking circumambulation trip are advised to visit Tarboche. Tarboche is the place where our horse/s, yak/s and porter/s are gather and accompany us for trekking part. Those, who are participating for circumambulation, will move ahead to Deraphuk from this point and rest will return to Darchen and wait until the people return from parikrama. The complete trek around mount Kailash takes 3 days. The distance of first day’s trek (from Yama Dwara to Deraphuk) is about 10 km. only and it takes 5 to 7 hours approx. to cover the distance. The entire trail up to Deraphuk is reasonably flat with gentle ascend, however due to its extreme elevation, we may feel very exhausted, and need to have break on the way very frequently. The last legs of the journey is tough with rapid ascend. But, it is only for half an hour. Deraphuk stands at an elevation of 4920 m. The north face of mount Kailash is just a few thousands meters away from here. This is the only place to have a close view of north face. - Overnight Guesthouse - Tarboche (Yama Dwar) to Deraphuk: 10 km | 5 to 7 hours walk. - Elevation of Deraphuk: 4920 m. | 16138 fts.
Day 09: TREK TO SHIVASTHAL, GAURIKUNDA (5620 m) THEN ZUTULPHUK
Today is the toughest & longest journey of this trip. We have to trek almost 22 km through rugged highland to reach Zutulphuk. Literally, we have to pack up our gear and set off from hotel at 5 a.m. Chinese time. Initially, it is an uphill trek from Deraphuk but after walking for an hour or so, the trail turns into mild ascend. Half of the trail passes through an elevation of 4900 m./16,000 ft. or above, so there is no wonder if we get suffered from breathlessness or headache. Though, we should try to keep our pace slow & steady. Please do not forget to carry water bottle, down jacket, raincoat and some dry fruits & chocolates with you. Everybody has different pace of walking. People might not be around when you them. So, you have to be self-dependent in basic things. After making an up hill trek for about 4 hours or so, we will reach to a high pass where we will find Tibetan prayers flags fluttering. This is called ‘Dolma La pass’ (5800 m.). This is the highest point that we will be crossing over during this divine trip. After making a gentle descend from the pass, we will find our self near a tine glacial lake. This is ‘Gauri Kunda’. From Gauri kunda, the trail leads us rapidly down through the area full of boulders and loose pebbles. Going down can be difficult and painful than coming up. If we have taken horse, we can’t even use it in this bit. After trekking down for another 1 & half hour or so from Gauri Kunda, we will eventually reach to the valley floor. From this point on, the trail is easy & flat. It is another 2 hours easy-walk to reach Zutulphuk from here. - Overnight Norpel Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) | dormitory. - Deraphuk to Zutulphuk: 22 km | 9 hours, - Elevation of Zutulphuk: 4820 m. | 15810 fts.
Day 10: TREK, ZUTULPHUK TO TREK ENDING POINT, & DRIVE BACK TO OLD DZONGBA
Today is the last day of this divine circumambulation. Morning after breakfast, we pack up our gear and move on to Darchen. The entire trail is easy and flat. The trek takes about 3 hours to complete. Our Vehicle is waiting for us at the final point; which is before Darchen. We board on the Bus then start our journey to further destination. First, we reach to the point (eastern shore of manasarovar) where we had left our vehicle. We board on the same vehicle and move ahead. We will drive over the Mayum La pass, military barricade, Paryang, sand-dunes area then eventually reach to old Dzongba in the evening. Picnic lunch will be served somewhere after the Mayum La Pass. - Zutulphuk to Darchen: 8 km | 3 hours walk. - Darchen to Dzongba: 350 km | 5 hours. - Elevation of old Dzongba: 4500 m. | 14760 fts.
Day 11: OLD DZONGBA TO KYIRONG
Morning after breakfast, we pack up our belongings then set off for Paryang. Today, we traverse approximately 210 km to reach Kyirong. On the way, we cross Saga and river Brahmaputra then drive take right turn to Kyirong before we reach Peiku lake. - Overnight Guesthouse (Dormitory room with common Tibetan toilet) - Old Dzongba to Kyirong: 280 km | 6 hours.
Day 12: TREK, ZUTULPHUK TO TREK ENDING POINT, & DRIVE BACK TO OLD DZONGBA
After breakfast, we drive down to the border then continue drive to Kathmandu. The drive takes about 6 hours to reach Kathmandu. Evening free for independent activities. - Overnight Hotel - Kyirong to Border: 22 km | 45 minutes. - Shyabribeshi to Kathmandu: 170 km | 6 hours.
Day 13: DEPARTURE
Transfer to international airport for your flight back home.
1. Tour cost published does not include air fare / railway cost, unless and until mentioned specifically.
2. Food / drinking water shall not be provided during rail / flight journey by The Company unless and until mentioned specifically.
3. Taxes shall be applicable as per government rule & regulations and may not be included in published tour price.
1. All payment to be made by Cheques / Demand draft in favour of Get Set Go Holidays Pvt Ltd payable at Pune.
2. For far away customers, they may choose to pay online using bank transfer etc. Please contact us for bank details on numbers given on the site.
Get Set Go Holidays Pvt Ltd hereinafter referred to as “The Company”.
1. In the event of natural calamities like earthquake, floods, etc. or unavoidable circumstances like curfew, strikes etc. not within the controls of The Company, the tour escort shall use his discretionary rights to either change the tour route or cancel the tour as per the situation demands. Please note this is applicable in group tours only.
2. Baggage & personal belongings of the tour participant will be his/her sole responsibility, throughout the tour. The Company shall not be liable for the loss / damage of any kind.
3. Smoking / drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited during the journeys air, rail, bus & in dining halls. Tour members can avail the smoking zone wherever applicable.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any personal loss /damage to any tour individual due to the reasons beyond control of The Company.
5. Individual tour member shall be required to follow the common civil code of conduct during the entire tour. Any inconvenience / damage caused to other members in the tour shall call for strict action by the tour escort towards the defaulter. There will be no compensation rendered to the defaulter, incase, he needs to leave the tour.
6. The Company does not have any control over the price fluctuations towards Railway / Flights /Bus/ Hotels/ Shipping companies or any other service provided by Third Party. Likewise, The Company shall not be responsible for delays /deficiencies for the services provided by the outside service agencies.
7. Pls note The Company does not have any control on the schedules of opening / closing timings of tourist attractions. (museums,parks,etc)
8. Tour participants are requested to collect their journey tickets from The Company office address after making full payment. On request and risk by the Tour individual, the same shall be sent by postage with additional administrative cost towards it.
9. The Tour participant is required the join the tour as per the itinerary given from their respective destinations. Pls note if any tour participant travels before the tour journey date to any destination as per the itinerary, The Company shall not be responsible & liable for any additional cost wherever applicable.
10. For group with less than 16 members the road travel shall be done by vehicles like Sumo/Qualis/etc. The Company shall communicate any additional rule required for specific group tour journeys.
11. Seat allotment shall be made on the basis of “first come first” only. For any reason like physically challenged, the rule shall be kept flexible.
12. The Company may be allowed for tour camera shoots (stills/video) as its publicity campaigns. The Tour participant shall allow for the same.